Sunday 13 May 2012

April Favourites

My April Favourites (skin care, body care, hair care and make-up)
1. REN Clearcalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser.

This is a face cleanser by organic skin care brand REN. It is clay based, meaning it doesn't really foam up, but it does a marvelous job of drawing out impurities from pores and leaving the skin feeling extremeley clean. Suprisingly enough, it doesn't dry me out at all which is definitely a bonus! I'm on my second bottle and I see myself getting a new one when I run out.

2. Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Therapy

I got this as a gift from a friend and I really love it. It's a very thick cream with a lovely, unique scent that soothes my hands even on the coldest days. Even though it has a very rich texture it absorbs nicely into the skin, leaving behind a waft of aroma.

3. Dr. Wu Anti-Oxidant Whitening Lotion With Fullerene RS

I didn't really know anything about this lotion before I purchased it, so I didn't know what to expect but now having used up all of it I can say that it's a very nice product. What I love most of all is the texture: it's neither too thick nor too runny, it gets absorbed like a charm, and it's a joy to apply. I haven't noticed any whitening effects per se, but my skin is moisturized and plump and I have peace of mind knowing that the lotion has anti-oxidants inside that MUST be doing some kind of work, fighting the anti-aging good fight ^_^

4. Bumble & Bumble Leave In Conditioner

My hair is super tangly so I'm always in need of a leave-in conditioner to be able to comb it through. This one by Bumble and Bumble is light with a very discreet scent, does not weigh my hair down and makes my it quite manageable. Thumbs up!

5. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

I decided to buy this after all the good reports it was getting online and it lived up to the hype. A while ago, I had a massive break-out with embarassingly huge pimples and this concealer helped me through it. It sets fairly quickly on the skin so you should work quickly with it but once on, it doesn't budge. I wore it for more that 10 hours straight and it was still working its magic!

4 comments:

  1. I know Watsons in Singapore has Dr Wu but I'm not sure about the ones in Malaysia. Gotta comb through the shelves soon, I wanna try this lotion! Hold on, is it a toner or a serum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from the Shoppingholics website. By lotion I mean serum, sorry, I should have clarified that! ^^;;; Actually, it's a bit thicker than a serum, I didn't use anything on top of it. I liked it a lot and if it wasn't for the hassle of ordering online I would definitely re-purchase it. But if you can find it in Watson's I recommend giving it a try :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely stuff, i love Bumble & Bumble, especially their salt water spray is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've heard about the Surf spray as well; it's supposed to impart that tousled look to the hair - it must be awesome! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!!! ^_^

      Delete