Friday 18 May 2012

Inspiration: 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'












The fashion in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' was impeccable and continues to inspire and scintillate even to this day. Even though the lifestyle of Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn's character in the film) may have had various ups and downs, she always carried herself off with style. Her outfits were mainly monochrome consisting of dresses and coats that were either black or brightly coloured, and were paired off with jewellery (anything except diamonds, as according to Holly diamonds did not befit someone her age), hats and sunglasses. If you wish to emulate the 'Holly look' to perfection, don't forget the bouffant hairdo and signature eyeliner, and you'll be ready to go!



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous clothes. Never seem to get dated o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are absolutely gorgeous! I think the reason why Holly's outfits would work even today is because they are composed of the staple items a wardrobe should have, like a trench coat, a cocktail dress, a good coat etc. She just had a marvelous way of accessorizing them and making them look even more fabulous!

      Delete
  2. Oh love, you know what? I really love the coats btw...
    Maybe because in here don't have winter or spring seasons which are I also want to have it :P
    It just so cool to follow that fashion by seasons. Not always summer. AM I RIGHT? ^^
    But the fashion still look fabulous even we wear on this era.
    As what we know, fashion always came back right? And

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin is of the exact opposite opinion - she wishes it was always summer so she could only wear floaty dresses and skirts and not heavy coats and jackets ^_^ I personally agree with you, I like how fashion changes with the different seasons!

      Delete
  3. This is hands down one of my favourites - can never get past Holly Golightly standing outside the window of Tiffanys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! It must be one of the most iconic opening scenes in a film ever!

      Delete
  4. I gotta go watch Breakfast at Tiffanys ! I love that movie : ]

    www.bonjourbeaut.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite Audrey Hepburn films and the fashion is impeccable and timeless!

      Delete